Monday, May 29, 2006

Opiate Babble


I broke my wrist and my hand. Heavy use of pain meds followed. I typed this out at 3AM with my remaining good hand, hunt and peck style…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
opiate babble

i forgot my hand was dead
unblinking and asleep
i mean awake i mean undead
a zombie hand full of syrup
i bleed fake blood for you
who is that calling my name
rush over to my crypt
and tell me stories of how john paul jones lost the battle
but won immortality - they nearly drowned
bad luck intersecting with hubris --
it's good ad copy though,
i have not yet begun to fight.
even then, a sound clip could move political mountains
mountains of perception,
of hope and lust disguised as love disguised as obligation
dicovered late at night
will you pour me a drink?
will you hold my hand?
will you hold my head?
will you stare at me until i fall asleep?

No comments: