Sunday, June 01, 2008

Telluride Troubadour Contest!

May 31, 2008

Hi,

The folks who run the Telluride Bluegrass Festival's Troubadour Contest let me know that I was chosen as a finalist for their songwriter competition. This means I'll be playing the festival on Thursday this year! Who knows, if I do really well, I might play again on Friday. And if I win the whole damn thing (unlikely), I'll play the main stage on Saturday night!

Wish me luck! It's an honor just to be a finalist.

The festival lineup this year includes Ani DiFranco, Ryan Adams, Arlo Guthrie, Bruce Hornsby, Paolo Nutini, Bela Fleck, Peter Rowan, The Frames, The Swell Season, Brett Dennen, Yonder Mountain String Band, Tift Merrit and a bunch of other artists... Cool!

~John


1 comment:

Summer Nicklasson said...

Holy shit! This is incredible news! The Telluride troubadour contest is a total freaking honor. I have a whole lotta love for many of the previous winners. Man, you have done super good to get this. Nice job!!!