Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Halfway There

I bought a juicer recently... a Breville Juice Fountain. I call her Breville. (pronounced "breh-VEE-luh") That is her name.

Here she is. There are many like her, but this one is mine:


This purchase was part of my new "John, Stop using the 'I'm making a record right now, and that's why I've completely fallen off the health wagon' excuse, and start taking better care of yourself" campaign. So far, it's going pretty well.

And yet... I'm finding this get-back-in-shape thing is a process. And here is an example:

Yesterday after a sweaty hour and a half bike ride, I stood in my kitchen and proudly juiced up a cucumber, celery and ginger concoction. I poured the gorgeously fresh, bright emerald elixir over several ice cubes in a tall glass. I took a sip and thought to myself "Wow. This would be amazing with vodka... and a cigarette."

I need to go for a run or something.



...

JOHN'S JUICER ADVERTISEMENT: Ever made your own vegetable juice? It's pretty frickin' great. I mean... significantly better than I thought it would be. Frankly, I just expected that all of those carrots and cucumbers and celery and ginger and etc. would taste like carrots, cucumbers, celery, ginger and etc. And they do. But something semi-magical happens somewhere between the refrigerator the cup. Some magical happens when all of those vegetables get utterly obliterated by those spinning blades. Turns out that cucumber juice tastes...
different from a cucumber. I'm still trying to understand this; it's odd.

No comments: