Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Carousel - $50 song

I just finished a new song named "carousel". it's one of those $50 songs... where someone (a friend, a fan, an enemy of the state, whatever) sends me $50 and an idea for a song and I write it, record it and mail them a CD copy of it. This one is for a girl named Angel... The only direction she gave me was "something about a carousel". I actually do better with less direction, I think... Anyway, here are the lyrics:

carousel

oct 20, nov 8, 2006

climb aboard baby
I might be chipped but I've been around
if is this your first ride
well you couldn't have picked a gentler mount

round and round we go
a spiral never ending
and where it stops, we do not know
that's what we're saying…

this circle we're traveling
this carnival calliope of circumstance
you're holding cotton candy
wet, wet sugary lips

round and round we go
barely touching, shallow breathing
round and round we go
painted smiles, baring our teeth

oh no
do not cry for the time you've wasted
do not cry for the things you're losing
do not cry for the ones who loved you dear
'cause they live inside you like a cancer cell
you're really crying for the carousel

the carousel is weeping
for the horses all locked inside
pierced by these posts of need
and ridden into the night

round and round we grew
a spiral never ending
and where it stopped, we always knew
an old world ending…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.