Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jay Farrar is a jerk. (In my dream.)

I've been having strange, gig/performance-related dreams lately.

Two mornings ago I dreamt that I was playing a show, opening for Jay Farrar (Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt). He was being an incredibly arrogant jerk... interrupting my opening set -- literally walking on stage in the middle of a song -- and saying, "Hey I wanna play a song right now. On your guitar." So I stopped and handed him my guitar... And as I did he said something like, "What's it like to see that I have more draw than you do in your own town?" Totally floored me. I thought for a second, grabbed my guitar back from him and said something like, "Give me my fucking guitar back you dumb prick."

Yikes. Not a lovely moment for either of us, really.

Mister Farrar, wherever you are... please accept my apology. You can interrupt my set any time and play a song on my guitar. I'd be honored.

No comments: