Monday, May 28, 2007

Bolder Boulder

Just got back from running the Boulder Bolder. It was fun. Kind of a hassle, but fun. 50,000+ runners descended onto Boulder for the 10K. They had bands and belly dancers along the way, as usual. I ran past a guy (I think it was a guy) in a full-on Scooby Doo costume. They definitely have that race down to a science though. They "processed" us through the route without any hitches or delays. Man. I'm slow! I wanted to run it in under an hour. I snuck in at 59:31. Phew. The last several hundred yards of the race yakes you up a little hill into Folsom Field. Kind of creates a little "chariots of fire" moment... um, if you're someone with an overactive imagination.

3 comments:

Mimi B said...

Wonder if Scooby Doo was my friend Brian (he was the tall bald guy at my BBQ). He was in a Gorilla Suit last time.

Jennifer Newell said...

Yay for running the Bolder Boulder! Good accomplishment :)

Jennifer Newell said...

By the way, if you want any good running tips or are just interested in a blog written by a runner, a guy I worked with at the Trib (whose wife - actually one of my old instructors from high school - just had twins! Small freakin' Greeley for ya) writes a pretty good blog. He's also very into climbing and poker, and I always enjoy reading his blog.