Friday, May 18, 2007

Today's swim... Not feelin' fishy.


So I was supposed to do 20 laps today (1000 meters). I completed 16 laps before lane swimming (or whatever it's called) finished... Then, all at once, 35 little kids jumped in the pool in FULL ON PARTY RAGE MODE and saved me from the water buffalo ballet that i was starring in. I thought, "I should swim my remaining 4 laps through these little monsters -- it will be good training for swimming in a churning reservoir with 150 amped up triathletes". But alas, I was pretty much wasted tired from snow-plowing through the water for my previous inelegant 16 laps.

Confession #1: I had to stop after every single LENGTH to catch my breath. sometimes, for a full minute or more.

Confession #2: Oddly, I felt the most graceful and easy when I was doing the "catchup drill". Is that supposed to make you feel the glide or something? Because I did.

Confession #3: For some reason, when I breathe on the left side, I get water in my mouth and start to freak out a little (just a little). When I breathe on the right side, I'm fine.

Confession #4: Swimming 750 meters non-stop feels like an impossible goal to me at this moment. But hey, we put a man on the moon. We taught apes sign language. We invented polyester. Surely we can get John around a buoy and back to shore safely, right?

1 comment:

Jennifer Newell said...

I'm addicted - more more more!