Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Me on a cleanse/fast: Day 0

I'm starting a cleanse/fast tomorrow...

Why? Good question.

Mainly because I think it would do me some good... to "reboot" my system, kick some habits, and try for some of that loopy clarity that they say comes around day 3.

I tried a similar thing years ago and found it to be really difficult but also really cool. It's an interesting way to put yourself into an altered mental (and physical) state.

I've heard good things about one named the Master Cleanse. Several friends have done it. Oh, and I just read that Beyonce did it to. Great. So, tomorrow morning, I'm gonna start.

(By the way, I make most of my big decisions by asking, "What would Beyonce do?" She's a real North Star for me.)


I also decided to blog about it... mainly because I think this whole thing might offer up some pretty entertaining stuff. And I don't mind putting my suffering, addictive urges (coffee, nicotine, alcohol, food, etc), and off kilter, strange thoughts on display for you.

And when I say "display", don't worry -- I won't be sharing EVERYthing. Ahem.

I'm anticipating 2-3 days of biblical headaches and DEFCON 5 bitchiness followed by semi-psychedelic levels of bliss. We'll see. I might be weak and just bail 1 day in... but I'm gonna try and tough it out.

Here we go! Wish me luck!

_____________________________________________________



Me on a cleanse/fast: Day 0


(Why do I look sort of scared?)

No comments: