Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Do you hallucinate when you run?

It's hot outside. I know this personally.

Yesterday, during the last half mile of my little 4 mile run, my mind drifted off... I began fantasizing that it was winter in Japan. I imagined that I was walking through a mild, late afternoon snow storm in some rural town in a wooded part of Japan. Walking through the little town, I happened upon a small restaurant waiting for me in the late afternoon light. An old man sat me at a table by the window. I sat there and slowly ate Sushi while sipping hot tea... Snowflakes lightly falling, quieting the already quiet town, and me inside... I sat there looking out, thinking. My heavy, charcoal-colored, wool coat was slung over the back of my chair.


I actually SAW this scene in my head, like a mirage. Strange.

I didn't hallucinate today. At least I don't think I did. Here are some BEFORE pictures...




And this is my watch. It's set to zero. It's waiting for me to stop fucking around and take it running.



And this is me, irrationally excited to go running. So excited, in fact, that I decided to act like I was already running... (I know.... I am a dork.)


.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And these are the AFTER pictures. A lot more sweat, a lot less clowning...




And this is me, sitting at that table in that restaurant in Japan on that snowy afternoon in my mind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please make sure you drink lots of water... It would be really sad if JC turned into a puddle...