Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A little test triathlon

I've been doing little "test triathlons" every week for several weeks now... I get up on Saturday, drink too much coffee, procrastinate until it's hotter than unholy hell and then drag ass out to a reservoir for a little one-man triathlon.

Last Saturday, I did one at the Boulder Reservoir (the week before was Chatfield. My swimming is still fairly lame... but I'm feeling WAY more confident than I did when I first started swimming 11 weeks ago. I'm trying to remind myself that I essentially JUST started and to go easy on my expectations. Anyway, I swam in the Boulder Res (1000 meters), then biked up to Longmont and back (20 miles) and then ran a 5K around part of the reservoir. By the end, it was my favorite temperature (evidently): 95 degrees. I think my brain got a little cooked. I was kind of a zombie the rest of the day.

But it felt good, oddly.

To finish it, I mean. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, big fella!
For anyone who has dragged their weary ass into a self-start/perpetuated program understands, it's the doing it again and again that really counts.
A battleship mouth and a rowboat ass malady permeates far too many.