Friday, July 13, 2007

Lyons Folks Festival... Cool News!!

I got a phone call today telling me that I got chosen out of a bunch of songwriters as a finalist in the Lyons Folks Festival. HOW COOL!!! A long list of seriously amazing national artists play this thing (see below) and it's turned into one of CO's premier festivals...

I've never submitted to one of these songwriter things before, but my friens Brian McRae and Zach Ginsberg basically leaned on me until I dit it. Thanks Brian and Zach... The song I submitted was LGM, from WHY BIRDS FLY.

Check it out: Lyons Folks Festival

In the last several years, Jeff Tweedy, Steve Earle, Martin Sexton, Mason Jennings, Ani DiFranco, Richard Thomson, Ben Kweller, Indigo Girls, and Patty Griffin have all played this festival.

THIS YEAR, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Ray LaMontagne, Chris Isaak and a bunch of other national acts are playing it! And me too!

I'll be playing along with the other 10 finalists on Friday, August 17th on the main stage around 12PM. And the next night, Saturday, August 18th, my band and I will be playing in Lyons at Oskar Blues for a really cool show with other Colorado artists, Jack Redell, Bella Karoli, Greg Alan Isakov, A Ballad Nightly and Martin Barclay.

2 comments:

Love Birds said...

We are not the least bit surprised; the real thing is just the real thing and you are the real thing, so goooo j.c.!

Anonymous said...

congrats, guy!!