Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy weekend...

It's going to be a busy weekend...

I'm doing a triathlon (TRI For Your Cause) Saturday morning at 7AM at the Boulder Reservoir. This is my first "official triathlon"... thankfully, I've been training really hard all summer, including doing a bunch of training triathlons of equal or longer distances, so I don't feel too concerned. My only goals for this race are:

1) Don't drown.
2) Finish feeling strong.
3) Have fun.
4) Don't freeze...

Fall decided to come a bit early to Colorado this year, so it appears that I'll be swimming, biking and running in less-than-summer weather. Oh, and I'm NOT wearing a wetsuit... so it will be quite a wake-up when I get in the water! Holy shit! That's gonna suck. It's going to be 42 degrees when I start the swim. But what's gonna suck MORE is if the 25 mile run is really windy -- which is a strong possibility, given that the race is in Boulder, right next to the foothills. As for the run, I can gut out a 5K no matter what -- wind, snow, whatever. Bring it. :-)

Hey, it's a triathlon -- it's not supposed to be easy. Right?

That night, we're playing a show at Trilogy in Boulder. That'll be fun. I hope a bunch of folks show up!

Sunday night I'm playing a show with my old band, Rainville, opening up for Mark Olson -- the former lead singer and songwriter for The Jayhawks. That will definitely be a fun show!

I'm guessing I'll sleep well Sunday night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my thoughts will be with you as you try-athalon. despite my snarkiness, i do find you to be an inspiration. see you at the shows.