Monday, October 29, 2007

Presidential hair.

I woke up this morning... (no, this is not a bad blues song), let Emma out, shuffled over to the bathroom mirror and took a looksee at this morning's hair oracle:

I looked in the mirror and immediately thought, "Andrew Jackson..."

But not just any Andrew Jackson... the middle-aged Andrew Jackson, three quarter view. This one...



At least, that's what my hair told me. It said, "Andrew Jackson..."

And I thought... "Presidential"

That's what happened. Don't shoot the messenger dude.

Does this mean I should run for president? I don't think so...

So I did a little research on A.J. hoping to find a a little nugget, a factoid, a small skeleton key to help me open this hair puzzle:
  • During the American Revolution, at the age of 13, he refused to shine the boots of a British officer and got severely beaten and cut (bayonette) for it.
  • He was born in North Carolina (so was I), even though South Carolina also claims him.
  • He took Pensacola, Florida (my home town) from the Spanish, barely having to fire a shot.
  • He was one of the founders of the modern Democratic Party.
  • He was a big proponent of "indian removal" in his day. (yikes)
  • He had great hair.

I dunno man... I have no idea what this one means. Perhaps it will unfold as the week progresses.

1 comment:

Margaret Shugart said...

"Jacksonville", Sufjan Stevens
If seeing is right, then look where you're at